Expedited Passport Renewal
Casto Travel / Visa By Casto is a long time accredited registered courier company with the United States Dept. of State.
We are in a great position to help you get your passport renewed as quickly as possible. By following the steps below, your renewal process will go as smoothly as possible. If you haven't already spoken with us about the process, please give us a call. If you've already spoken with us, then please follow these 4 steps.
Note: As of 2017, the US Department of State's routine processing time for a US passport is now up to 6 weeks or longer from the date of application. For those requiring faster service, Casto can expedite your request (from 2 days to 2 weeks depending on your departure date and services requested). We are also able to process a limited number of emergency, same-day and 24-hour applications (proof of urgent international departure is required for all expediting). Contact us today for more information.
Step 1 of 4: Obtain your old passport
- Note: This process only applies if your most recent passport is: Undamaged; Currently in your possession; Issued at age 16 or older and issued less than 15 years ago (else you are required to complete a request for a new passport); Contains the same name that appears in your current passport or you can legally document your name change (marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other court order must be submitted to support this).
Step 2 of 4: Complete the required documents
- DS-82 application form – The US Department of State form DS-82 will be generated through their online wizard and will assign a 2D barcode to the upper-left of the application form when printed. Instructions:
- Complete the online form.
- Print one copy of the completed form. Do not fold your printed DS-82 application form. The US Passport Agency will not accept folded applications and folding may render a distorted image when placed on a flatbed scanner during the issuance process. Note: You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the generated application form.
- Note: The US Department of State fee for a normal submission is $170 (we pay this fee with your credit card and is in addition to our service fees).
- Casto Visa / Passport Work Order form
- Confirmed itinerary for travel within 2 weeks or, if not available, a Letter in Lieu of Travel Itinerary from your employer (business travelers only).
- Two copies of our Letter of Authorization
- To complete the two copies of the Letter of Authorization, check the first two check boxes and complete the bottom part (by hand, in blue ink, and by the applicant only). The third check box should only be checked if you wish to be contacted directly by the US Passport Agency in the event of a problem with your application (in this case, Casto would not be alerted by the Passport Agency in the event of a problem and thus your processing time could be delayed).
- For the Courier Company Name, indicate Casto Travel.
- Both copies must have an original signature. This grants Casto authorization on your behalf to handle and discuss the status of your passport application with a US Department of State Passport Service employee.
Step 3 of 4: Take your passport photos
- Two standard 2 inch x 2 inch passport photos taken within last 6 months with plain white background and without glasses.
- Photos must be on high quality photograph paper.
- Digital photos, if submitted, must be of high resolution (no grainy photos will be accepted). If you are in the Bay Area and prefer for us to take your photo for you, we have special facilities in our San Jose office to take high quality passport photos.
Step 4 of 4: Get your documents to us
- We have two Bay Area locations that support our visa and passport services;
- Send them via FedEx, UPS, DHL, or Priority Overnight service (standard US Postal mail will not arrive in time) to: Casto Visa | Passport, 2560 North First Street, Suite 150, San Jose, CA 95131;
- Have our in-house courier service pick up the documents from your Bay Area location.
Additional information and resources:
- Traveling with children under 15? See our special page for Children's Passports
- If your name has changed from what's on your current passport, you will need to complete the requirements for a passport amendment.
- If you are a current Casto client: Be sure to update your profile with your passport details and we'll send you a timely reminder to renew prior to your passport before expiration.